December 7, 2015
The 2016 Honda Pilot was released earlier this year and has already received numerous awards and reviews for its safe driving technology. The 2016 model features a few design changes and “Honda-Sensing,” which is a set of driver-aid technology advancements, making it the best SUV out on the market.
In a press release from Honda, Jeff Conrad, Honda division senior vice president and general manager said, “With the addition of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies available through Honda Sensing, no other midsize mainstream SUV on the market today can match the Pilot’s top IIHS and NHTSA safety scores.”
This past August, the 2016 Pilot received a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS). The IIHS is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing the losses – deaths, injuries and property damage – from crashes on the nation’s roads. The Pilot aced IHHS’ collision test and earned a superior rating for its front crash prevention system.
Watch the 2016 Honda Pilot in its IIHS crash test video.
The 2016 Honda Pilot also recently received a maximum 5-Star Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in its New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). The NCAP created the 5-Star Safety Ratings Program to provide information about the crash protection and rollover safety of new vehicles beyond what is required by Federal law. The more stars in a rating means the safer the car. See the full rating here.
What’s new with the 2016 Honda Pilot?*
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Now you have a better view when backing out of tight spaces. The new camera has three different angles: normal, top-down and wide.
- Forward Collision Warning: You will be immediately alerted if the Pilot senses you are at risk of a collision with a vehicle in front of you.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: If you start drifting out of your lane without signaling, the steering automatically adjusts to keep you centered.
- Honda LaneWatch: When you engage the right turn signal a small camera on the right-view mirror will display live video on the middle console display. You’ll be able to switch lanes more carefully.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This feature will help you maintain a constant following interval so you don’t have to brake and change speeds manually.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: It will help bring the Pilot to a stop when it senses an unavoidable collision with a vehicle in front of you.
All of the above features help make the 2016 Honda Pilot the safest SUV for your family. Stop in for a test drive today or call (855) 859-6511.
For a full list of all the new features click here.
*Some features are only available on certain models. See dealer for details.