October 30, 2015
Did you know there are over 19.6 million veterans in the United States? We take pride in hiring veterans and as Veteran’s Day approaches, we wanted to take the time to express our gratitude to the members of our team who have served in the United States Military. Members of our team and the branches they have served in, include:
United States Army Reserve:
- James Trotter, Sales Department
- Lynn Lowe, Sales Department
- Denny Kimbriel, Sales Department
- Jeff Swatek, Service Department
United States Air Force:
- Max Harrell, Sales Department
- Terry Mcginnes, Service Department
- Paul Borden, Service Department
United States Navy:
- Greg Easley, Sales Department
- Larry Grant, Service Department
- Ernie Minich, Parts Department
United States Marines:
- Virginia Walker, Service Department
- Brian Baker, Parts Department
United States Coast Guard:
- Bernie Jackson, Service Department
- Steve Kennedy, Service Department
We thank you for your service to our country and our company. This Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2015, be sure to thank all veterans for their service, but remember it’s important to go beyond the holiday. CNN shares five ways to connect with veterans all year round:
- Don’t make assumptions. Every veteran has their own unique story which has shaped them into who they are today.
- Hire veterans. 77 percent of veterans have struggled with unemployment.
- Give support to veterans’ families and don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation. Show them you care.
- Volunteer with veteran programs.
- Pressure the Department of Veterans Affairs to offer easier ways for veterans to receive treatment and care.
We are proud to honor our employees as well as active and retired veterans not employed by our company with our new Military Appreciation Offer. From now until January 4, 2016, veterans will receive $500 in cash when they finance a vehicle with American Honda. For all details and restrictions, check out our offer.