January 11, 2016
The 2016 Honda CR-V joins the Honda Pilot, Accord and Accord Coupe in achieving a 5-star overall vehicle safety score, the top score available in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program (NCAP).
In a press release from Honda, Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division, said, “Consumers have made the CR-V America’s best-selling SUV for good reason, and this top government safety rating just adds one more appealing and class-leading attribute. Honda is committed to offering vehicles that deliver advanced safety, fun-to-drive performance and connectivity, with top fuel economy ratings. The CR-V is that kind of vehicle.”
Earlier last year the 2016 Honda CR-V also earned a top safety pick rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), making it a collision safety leader and a standout choice in the SUV market. It was also named Kelley Blue Book’s best small SUV buy of 2016 and one of the 15 best family cars of 2015.
The CR-V was the first Honda vehicle to offer the Honda Sensing suite of safety and driver assisted technologies. Honda Sensing is now available for the Civic, Accord, CR-V and Pilot. The new suite of driver-assisted technologies can help you sense things you might miss while driving. The suite includes:
- Forward Collision Warning: FCW uses a small camera mounted at the top of the front windshield to detect the presence of vehicles in front of you. If it determines that you are at risk for a collision with a detected vehicle, it activates audio and visual alerts to warn you. If you fail to act on the warnings, the Collision Mitigation Braking System kicks in.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: By utilizing a wave radar sensor, the CMBS can help bring your Honda to a stop when the system determines that a collision with a vehicle in front of you is unavoidable. A warning sounds and then, if necessary, brake pressure is automatically applied.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: Helps you stay in your lane by automatically adjusting the steering wheel if you begin to leave the center of a detected lane.
- Lane Departure Warning: Alerts you if you drift out of a detected lane without using your turn signal.
What’s new in the 2016 Honda CR-V?*
Other than improvements to the Honda Sensing suite technologies, the 2016 Honda CR-V has received other new technology features including:
- Power Tailgate: With the press of a button, the new CR-V can automatically lower or raise the trunk tailgate for easier hands-free access.
- One-Touch Power Moonroof: With one touch of the button, you’ll be stargazing in no time.
- Push Button Start: Now starting your CR-V is literally as easy as pressing a button.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Get a better view of what’s behind you with three different viewing angles: normal, top-down and wide.
- Available Real Time All Wheel Drive: It can sense when traction is lost and automatically transfer power to the rear wheels to help you grip the road and stay on course.
The above features, combined with the improved Honda Sensing suite, make the 2016 Honda CR-V one of the safest SUVs out on the market. Stop in for a test drive today or call (855) 859-6511.
For a look at all the new features of the 2016 Honda CR-V, click here.
*Some features are available only on specific models. See dealer for complete details.