February 29, 2016
The Kansas City Auto Show is back in town, coming to Bartle Hall March 2-6, 2016. This year’s auto show will give attendees more than 500 new cars, trucks, SUVs and crossovers to explore with incredible new technology and features. Be sure to stop by Frank Ancona Honda’s booth for all the latest deals and news on your favorite Hondas. For this year’s Kansas City Auto Show, the Honda Civic Sedan, Honda HR-V, Honda Odyssey and the all-new Honda Ridgeline will be featured.
That’s not all! This year’s auto show will also feature brand new attractions to make the show more fun for people of all persuasions, ages and interests. Here’s what you can expect:
- KC’s Garage: This is the place to go if you need to take a break. Enjoy a beer or a glass of wine, plus enjoy music in the laid-back atmosphere. You can also grab a bite to eat from all the local food trucks.
- The Food Truck Mafia: This is a tightly knit family of food trucks with a passion for bringing fresh, quality and unique food to the streets of Kansas City. Trucks scheduled to appear at this year’s show include: Bochi, Crave of Kansas City, Beauty of the Bistro, KC BBQ Truck, Monk’s Roast Beef, Savanna Jane Lemonade and Ohana’s Shaved Ice. Learn more here.
- Kids Korner: Bring the family over to the Kids Korner for a sneak peek of LEGO KidsFest, a three-day LEGO extravaganza coming to Kansas City this May. You’ll have the chance to build and race custom cars, as well as play with life size LEGO characters.
- Paradise Park: Be able to enjoy the auto show without having to chase the little ones around. You can drop off your four- to nine-year-olds at Paradise Park for up to two hours of free, supervised play.
The Kansas City Auto Show is being held at Bartle Hall on West 13th Street in downtown Kansas City. Admission is $11 for adults and $6 for children. Here’s the best part – if you stop in Frank Ancona Honda on Wednesday, March 2, you could get a voucher for FREE admission to the show on Thursday, March 3, for Dealership Customer Appreciation Day. Call (855) 859-6511 for details.
For more information on this year’s auto show, click here.
February 19, 2016
The awards keep stacking up for Honda. Frank Ancona Honda is proud to announce that six Honda models were ranked as Kelley Blue Book’s Best Family Cars of 2016, claiming six of the 16 available spots. Honda is the only automaker to earn awards in each category segment, making it the most recognized brand in Kelley Blue Book’s assessment for 2016. The 2016 Honda Accord, Civic, HR-V, CR-V, Pilot and Odyssey were all highlighted in their respective categories.
Kelley Blue Book created the Best Family Cars list as a resource to make picking the right family vehicle a little less daunting. The KBB staff put all vehicle contenders through extensive tests evaluating overall family comfort, safety and value.
In a Honda press release, Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of sales of the Honda Division, said, “This recognition by the experts at Kelley Blue Book of six of our core models is affirmation that Honda has the best possible choices for families of any size.”
Honda has been dominating the award season this year. The 2016 Honda HR-V was named 2016 Green SUV of the Year. The 2016 Honda Civic was named Kelley Blue Book’s Overall Best Buy for 2016, as well as the 2016 North American International Car of the Year. Plus, earlier this month, five Honda models were honored as the 2016 Best Cars for the Money by U.S. News & World Report.
Get your hands on the Best Family Cars of 2016. Our sales experts will help you find the perfect Honda for your family’s needs. See what we have in stock today! Call 855-859-6511 for details.
To see Kelley Blue Book’s full list for the Best Family Cars of 2016, click here.
February 15, 2016
The New York Daily News said it best, “When it comes to value, 2016 is all about the Honda Motor Company.” Kansas City Honda dealer Frank Ancona Honda is excited to announce that five different Honda vehicles have been honored with six Best Cars for the Money awards by U.S. News & World Report. According to the U.S. News website, the 2016 Best Cars for the Money awards highlight the cars, trucks, SUVs and minivans that have the best combination of value and positive reviews from professional car reviewers in 23 different automotive classes. The Hondas that were honored are as follows:
- 2016 Honda Civic named “Best Compact Car for the Money”
- 2016 Honda HR-V named “Best Subcompact SUV for the Money”
- 2016 Honda Odyssey named “Best Minivan for the Money”
- 2016 Honda Pilot named “Best 3-Row SUV for the Money”
- 2016 Honda Fit named “Best Hatchback for the Money” and “Best Subcompact Car for the Money” for the second year in a row.
In a Honda press release, Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division, said, “Honda is committed to building vehicles that bring joy to our customers and ultimately deliver long-term value. Quality and value for money are key attributes customers expect when buying a Honda, and these awards recognize the brand’s ongoing fulfillment of that promise.”
The Best Car for the Money awards were created with the consumer in mind. According to the U.S News & World Report, the Best Car for the Money award winners have the best combination of long-term value and quality. Quality is measured by the overall score the vehicle achieved in the U.S. News car rankings at the time the awards were published. According to the Honda press release, the rankings are updated monthly and compare cars on the basis of safety, reliability and a consensus of industry experts’ opinions.
Get your hands on some of this year’s “Best Cars for the Money” award winners. We have the perfect leasing specials to meet your budget needs on the 2016 Honda Civic, 2016 Honda Odyssey and 2016 Honda Fit. See what we have in stock today! Call 855-859-6511 for details.
February 12, 2016
The winter season can put your car through quite a beating. Spring is the perfect time to wash away all of winter’s residue and to give your Honda the TLC it deserves. Follow this simple spring car maintenance checklist from Angie’s List to make sure your vehicle is running smoothly:
- Remove leftover salt: The salt winter road crews use to melt ice and snow can cause some serious damage to your car if you’re not careful. Make sure to pay close attention to the undercarriage where metal is prone to rusting. Give your car a good wash to eliminate the salt.
- Check alignment and suspension: Running over potholes can cause some problems with your car’s alignment and suspension. Your car could be out of alignment if you notice your car pulling to one side or that the steering wheel vibrates as you drive.
- Change oil and check fluids: When was the last time your car had an oil change? It’s recommended to change your car’s oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Spring is also the ideal time to flush your transmission fluid, and to check your brake and cooling system fluids.
- Inspect tires: Worn down tires make it hard to stop, even if your brakes are in good condition. According to CBS News, you should try the coin test on your tires to test the tread. Insert a quarter into several grooves around the tire. If part of Washington’s head is always covered, you can still drive safely. If you have less tread, it’s time to start thinking about tire replacements. It’s also recommended to have your tires rotated every 5,000 miles to try to keep the tread wear even.
- Inspect brakes: Winter conditions and road salt can lead to some corrosion on your brake parts. It’s important to have a technician check the pads and rotors to ensure they don’t pose a safety issue while out on the road. A check-up today could keep you from an expensive repair later.
Getting a spring tune-up for your car could prevent you from having a summer breakdown. Bring your car into our service department for a check-up today. Stop in or call (855) 859-6511 to schedule an appointment.
You can see what service specials we are currently running here.