October 30, 2015
Did you know there are over 19.6 million veterans in the United States? We take pride in hiring veterans and as Veteran’s Day approaches, we wanted to take the time to express our gratitude to the members of our team who have served in the United States Military. Members of our team and the branches they have served in, include:
United States Army Reserve:
- James Trotter, Sales Department
- Lynn Lowe, Sales Department
- Denny Kimbriel, Sales Department
- Jeff Swatek, Service Department
United States Air Force:
- Max Harrell, Sales Department
- Terry Mcginnes, Service Department
- Paul Borden, Service Department
United States Navy:
- Greg Easley, Sales Department
- Larry Grant, Service Department
- Ernie Minich, Parts Department
United States Marines:
- Virginia Walker, Service Department
- Brian Baker, Parts Department
United States Coast Guard:
- Bernie Jackson, Service Department
- Steve Kennedy, Service Department
We thank you for your service to our country and our company. This Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2015, be sure to thank all veterans for their service, but remember it’s important to go beyond the holiday. CNN shares five ways to connect with veterans all year round:
- Don’t make assumptions. Every veteran has their own unique story which has shaped them into who they are today.
- Hire veterans. 77 percent of veterans have struggled with unemployment.
- Give support to veterans’ families and don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation. Show them you care.
- Volunteer with veteran programs.
- Pressure the Department of Veterans Affairs to offer easier ways for veterans to receive treatment and care.
We are proud to honor our employees as well as active and retired veterans not employed by our company with our new Military Appreciation Offer. From now until January 4, 2016, veterans will receive $500 in cash when they finance a vehicle with American Honda. For all details and restrictions, check out our offer.
October 23, 2015
Is your Honda ready for winter? The winter months can take a toll on your car if you don’t take the necessary precautions. Being proactive can help save you from preventable, expensive repairs down the road. According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention every fall you should complete the following on your vehicle:
- Have your radiator serviced or check the antifreeze level yourself with an antifreeze tester and then add antifreeze as needed.
- Replace your windshield-wiper fluid with a wintertime mixture.
- Replace any worn tires making sure each tire has good air pressure and tread.
Other tips for the winter months to ensure your car always starts and that you are never left stranded, include keeping your fuel tank at least half full at all times. This prevents condensation from forming in your gas lines, which could cause your engine to run poorly and also puts your vehicle at risk for freezing of its fuel lines. Colder temperatures can also affect your tire pressure, so be sure to check your tires every time you drive.
If for some reason your vehicle would end up stalling in the cold months, be prepared. The DMV recommends that if you don’t already have an emergency kit in your car, consider putting together a few necessities. Here is a list of items to include in your winter emergency kit:
- Ice Scraper
- Jumper Cables
- Extra mittens and coats
- Road salt or sand
- Flashlight with extra batteries
To help you get ready for the coming winter months, we are happy to offer a winterization service special. The Frank Ancona Honda Winterization Package includes an oil change, battery test, multi-point inspection, tire rotation and windshield wiper replacements all for just $79.95 or $89.95 depending on oil type. Frank Ancona Honda is also offering a manager special of 10 percent off any service. You can drive away with your Honda ready to take on the tough winter months. Don’t wait for disaster to strike; bring your Honda to our factory-trained technicians today. Call (913) 782-3636 to schedule an appointment.
October 18, 2015
Olathe Honda dealer, Frank Ancona Honda, the largest dealership in the Kansas City metro (measured in acres), is proud to honor active and retired vets with the Military Appreciation Offer in time for Veterans Day, on November 11, 2015. Vets will receive $500 in cash when they finance a vehicle via American Honda. The offer is valid through January 4, 2016 unless terminated earlier by HFS and only one $500 Military Appreciation Certificate allowed per vehicle. Print this blog post and stop by Frank Ancona Honda to take advantage of the offer!
Mr. Frank Ancona, who founded the dealership, also served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. The dealership continues to support its community by donating to several family charities, such as Phoenix Family, Catholic Charities, TLC for Children and Families and many more. The family-run Olathe Honda dealer recognizes the importance of supporting our troops and their families.
The Military Appreciation Offer can be used toward the purchase or lease of any new 2015 or 2016 model year Honda automobile using a valid Honda APR, Honda Leadership Lease®, or Honda Leadership Purchase Plan® program through HFS (excludes Zero Due at Signing Lease program).
To be eligible for this offer, you must meet certain credit criteria established by HFS and the vehicle must be eligible for new-vehicle rates. Honda Military Appreciation Offer is available to Individuals who are:
- Active Duty U.S. Military, (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard and Active Reserve) and their spouses.
- Active Duty U.S. Military Ready Reserve, (Inactive National Guard, Individual Ready Reserve, Selected Reserve) and their spouses.
- U.S. Military Veterans who are within 180 days of separation from active service and their spouses.
- U.S. Military Retirees (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard and Active Reserve).
- Spouses of U.S. Military Retirees (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard and Active Reserve) who are within 180 days of separation from active service.
Eligible customers must meet the following conditions at the time of purchase:
- Provide Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) as proof of military status or active service at the time of purchase or lease.
- Spouses of a member of the U.S. Military must provide proof of relationship by presenting a Military ID, and provide spouse’ LES. Only a copy of the LES will be retained by the dealership for verification.
- Receive credit approval through Honda Financial Services.
- Lease: $500 is applied toward the cap cost of vehicle. Monthly payment and total due at lease signing are calculated after $500 reduction. Purchase: $500 is applied toward the down payment
The certificate can be combined with all other Honda Financial Services programs, except Zero Due at Signing Lease program.
NOTE: During the term of the retail installment finance contract or lease with Honda Financial Services, buyer may not take their vehicle outside the United States without the prior written consent of Honda Financial Services. During the term of the retail installment finance contract or lease, buyer must notify Honda Financial Services immediately of any change in the buyer’s address.
October 12, 2015
A new video released on Yelp profiles Frank Ancona Honda, a Kansas City Honda dealer. The video, hosted by David Heitman, general sales manager, highlights the remarkable transformation of the dealership since its multi-million dollar remodel, making it the largest Honda dealer (measured in acres) in the metro.
Watch the Video Now!
As narrated by Heitman, “Frank Ancona Honda is proud to be your premiere Honda dealer in Olathe, Kansas. We offer new and preowned sales, financing, service, parts and more at this customer-focused dealership. We are a single-point dealer, which allows us to be more customer-focused and probably our biggest focus is sales and service.”
“You know, we have been in Olathe for over 29 years at this location. We started in 1961 when we opened on Truman Road in Kansas City. I think what we are best known for is that we go with the customer’s pace when buying an automobile. What we like to do is give prompt attention with courteous consultants and a car buying experience that can actually be fun.”
“We really do care about our customers. We are the largest generation three facility in Kansas City. We never say no when anyone needs service for any make or vehicle, so make an appointment today.”
If you have enjoyed your recent experience at Frank Ancona Honda, feel free to leave a review on the Yelp page! You can also find more information about the dealership, such as hours, photos and history.
October 5, 2015
Frank Ancona Honda recently announced a digital marketing campaign in honor of Michael Ancona’s mother, who was an avid supporter of animal welfare and donated to many shelters in KC. Great Plains SPCA has found themselves in a crucial funding crisis and Frank Ancona Honda wanted to help. The nonprofit is the largest no-kill animal welfare organization in the Kansas City area.
Currently, a sponsor has offered to match any donations the Great Plains SPCA receives from now until October 15, 2015. Frank Ancona Honda wants to help GPSPCA raise as much as possible before October 15, 2015. If you visit the dealership’s donation page, you can choose an amount to donate. The best part is each donation amount explains exactly where that money is going so you know how your money is helping local animals find safety and shelter. You can make a one-time donation or choose to have a recurring donation.
- For $10, you will be a Hometown Hero by providing shelter to a homeless pet in Kansas City.
- For $20, you will help spay or neuter a stray kitten.
- For $50, you will save a puppy from deadly parvovirus.
- For $100, you will be a Cool Cat by feeding a homeless mother cat and her kittens.
- For $250, you will be a Top Dawg by saving a dog from living life on a chain.
Great Plains SPCA is a no-kill shelter in the Kansas City metro, serving 35,000 pets annually. It is known as the most unique and comprehensive no kill animal welfare agency. The GPSPCA collaborates with other animal welfare agencies in the area with their innovative program to promote adoption, outreach, vet care and a better life for pets in Kansas City.